Monday, January 25, 2010

RUN SOH! RUN!!

SOH Starts Running Club

by Omar Arce



It's the last week of January. The new year feeling is almost gone. And along with this feeling, are the new year resolutions. Obviously, the most popular resolution is to lose a few pounds. There are only two ways to accomplish this goal: a good diet and a well-planned exercise regimen. Luckily there is a club at Southwest High School that will help you with the latter.



The SOH Running Club, a club that was primarily designated to keep the SOH long distance runners in shape, now aims to promote a healthy lifestyle trough running. Senior, Sergio Vargas is member of the running club. "I joined the running club primarily to get in shape after the holidays...but, I mainly joined because I truthfully enjoy the thrill of running...I might be overdoing it, but running makes me feel alive." Explains Vargas.



Everyone is invited to join the club. "I like the feeling of being with people who enjoy running as much as me, and I overall love the atmosphere the running club exerts," says Vargas about the atmosphere of the club. The club meets every Thursday and Tuesday right after school at Room 907. The only things needed, are a pair of running shoes, work out clothes, water, and plenty of energy

No comments:

Post a Comment