Monday, May 3, 2010

Men's Tennis

"Bend Your Knees and Follow Through"
by Joy Roxas

This year, the boys' tennis team managed to stay undefeated throughout their whole season. By showing up to practices every day, they got to improve more and have fun at the same time. One of their captains, Vinoe Tarray once said, "I'm not really for the banner, I just want for us to be undefeated on our league and non-league,", but co-captain Jay Santos who's also a star player for basketball said, "I just want a banner, I think it makes me really feel good now that I'm about to graduate high school."

Last Friday the team defeated the Montgomery Aztecs by 15-3. Starting off with their star players Vinoe Tarray and Jay Santos, they both finish it off with 6-0. While the other players finished it off with 6-1 which is also a big contribution for the whole team. Remembering to bend their knees, following through, playing consistent, and
having fun are the most important points these players always remember to achieve their goal as a team. Also by supporting each other, each one gains motivation and a lot of concentration during their matches. Remaining undefeated in the league, the coaches, captains, and the whole team are blessed and proud of what they would get out of it: "First banner of tennis ever for our school and the teamwork." Coach Jeffries only has one message for the team and that is, "I hope the kids will remember me and tell me about their kids 30 years from now." While Coach Ramos said, "I just really want the banner! I know we'll get the banner."

On May 5, 2010
, watch out for our varsity tennis' boys last game against the Sweetwater Red Devils at Southwest High and celebrate for another victory for a banner.

No comments:

Post a Comment