Monday, November 23, 2009

Fallen Raider will be All Right

Chris DeGuzman injured in game
by Omar Arce

The battle for the bell: it is more than a game, it is a war, a war where only two outcomes are possible, "leave that field with the bell, or on a stretcher" as said by Senior Cris De Guzman. De Guzman left the field in a stretcher during the middle of the third quarter."...I was injured on an inside run, where I was tackled at the legs, and then the front, and then being piled on, causing my spine to bend backwards: the worst pain I have EVER felt in my life. My lower back went numb and I thought I was paralyzed, I tried getting up but the pain was too much." recalls De Guzman. The paramedics took him to, Paradise Valley Hospital. Coincidentally, he spent the rest of the night in the hospital where he was born. In a sport where spinal injuries are a constant threat, De Guzman is lucky to be walking, "The doctor said my spine should be fine, no broken bones or anything, but my lower back muscles were still badly sprained," explained De Guzman.
About the game, De Guzman says:"... I'm still pretty disappointed that there was a lack of heart in the team as a whole; tho few of us played our hearts out, those who didn't cost us the game." But in a situation, like this one Football is just a game. http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3Lmt1c2kuY29tL3Bwci9oendlZWsxMS82OTkyNDAzMi5odG1sP3ZpZGVvPXBvcCZ0PWE=

No comments:

Post a Comment